RULES AND REGULATIONS
of the First International Organ Duo Competition
PER ORGANO A QUATTRO MANI
1. The competition takes place in Nowy Sącz on 15-21 April 2018.
2. The organizer of the competition is the SOKÓŁ MCC.
3. All competition rounds are open to the public.
4. The competition is open to organists of all nationalities and all ages who accept the rules and regulations of the competition.
5. Applications should be made through the on-line form posted on the website www.aquattromani.pl. The deadline is 30 November 2017. Late applications will not be considered. The on-line form will be active starting on 1 October 2017. The following should be submitted electronically by 30 November 2017:
a. Evidence of having graduated from or of studying at a higher school of music (a copy of the diploma or a valid student ID) or a letter of recommendation from the instructor;
b. An audio-video recording of the compositions indicated in the rules and regulations (no editing, cuts are allowed between the compositions only).
Recording parameters: resolution 1920 x 1080, format mp4 full HD, max. size 7 GB; c. Black-and-white photograph (min. 300 dpi).
6. Confirmation of each application will be sent to the e-mail address given in the application form.
7. The applications will be evaluated by the jury members, on the basis of the materials submitted.
8. A written confirmation of participation in the competition will be sent by e-mail to successful applicants by 17 January 2018.
9. The order of appearance in the competition, valid until the end of the competition and determining the order of the rehearsals, will be established by random drawing which will take place on 21 February 2018. The drawing will be audio- and video-recorded. The results will be communicated to the participants in writing (by e-mail).
10. Application fees (per duet):
For participants from Poland – PLN 400
For participants from other countries – Euro 100
Payment of application fees should be made by bank transfer by 30 November 2017 to:
for payments in PLN:
61 1240 4748 1111 0010 6015 1387
Polska Kasa Opieki S.A. Oddział w Nowym Sączu
ul. Jagiellońska 26, 33-300 Nowy Sącz
for payments in Euro:
IBAN: PL 95 1240 4748 1978 0010 6065 8482
Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A. Oddział w Nowym Sączu,
ul. Jagiellońska 26, 33-300 Nowy Sącz, Polska
Account holder address:
Małopolskie Centrum Kultury SOKÓŁ
ul. Długosza 3, 33-300 Nowy Sącz
Please make sure that the participants’ first and last names, as well as the reference „A QUATTRO MANI” are included in the payment.
11. Application fees will be refunded to unsuccessful applicants. For successful applicants, the application fees are non-refundable.
12. The application fee includes:
a. Accommodation and meals from the second round through the end of the competition, that is, through the night of 21/22 April 2018 (the last meal included is breakfast on 22 April 2018), if the applicant so requested;
b. Printed materials related to the competition;
c. Entry tickets to the rehearsals and to the prize winners concert.
13. Participants are responsible for their travel costs.
14. Each duet will have an opportunity to play on the instrument used for the competition rounds.
15. Round 1 rehearsals begin at 9 pm on 13 April 2018. A detailed schedule will be posted after the random drawing of the rehearsal order.
16. Participants should report to the Office of the Competition at the SOKÓŁ MCC (Nowy Sącz, 3 Długosza St (entrance from Kościuszki St), no later than two hours prior to rehearsal time. The office will be open from 4 pm through 11 pm on 13 April 2018, and from 8 am through 4 pm on the next days.
17. Participants are not allowed to use a registrant. Both competition instruments have an electronic memory system and each duet will have at least 500 combinations at its disposal.
18. Prize winners will be obliged to perform at the prize winners concert for free. Refusal to participate in the prize winners concert will amount to forfeiting the financial award.
19. Any correspondence related to the competition should be sent to the organizer:
Biuro Organizacyjne I Międzynarodowego Konkursu Duetów Organowych PER ORGANO A QUATTRO MANI
Małopolskie Centrum Kultury SOKÓŁ
ul. Długosza 3 33-300 Nowy Sącz
tel.: +48 18 448 26 51
or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions related to the program of the competition should be addressed to the secretary of the jury:
tel.: +48 603 683 952
20. The following prizes will be awarded:
First prize 30.000 PLN
Second prize 20.000 PLN
Third prize 10.000 PLN
21. The Jury reserves the right to withhold the award of prizes or to change their number, with the condition that the first prize will not be divided.
22. The prizes will be paid by bank transfer to the accounts indicated by the prize winners.
23. The Jury can also award honorary mentions and additional awards (such as concert engagements).